The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Andretti search done and dusted!

Gent's,

As per my early post in chasing an Andretti this mission has been accomplished! If anybody is wondering the process that worked for me I tell you. Not sure I did anything earth shaking but..

-Three months of research on Andretti's from the usual sources available
-Three months of google searches using every search engine and description I could think of
-Watch was found on EBAY rather quickly interestingly enough from an individual seller
-Watch was verified by three different Heuer experts and verified over 2 weeks (through email photos).
-Several conversations with seller to feel out offers, condition of watch, history, original owner etc.
-Made offer, heard counter offer and purchased.
-Watch was not a safe queen, not perfect, was all original parts wise but had some re-lume work done

Watch will be on it's way to Abel Court at some point when his schedule permits for a light "tune up". I post a pick but it doesn't look like I can attach photo from my hard drive.

Mj

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE