The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Do I have a fake Autavia? *LINK*

Hello eveyone.
This is the first time that I've posted but I've been reading for a few months now.
I've been comparing an Autavia that I recently bought to photos that are on On the Dash. After looking I'm worried that the case or the whole thing could be fake. The watch appears similar in most respects execpt for the case. The cases on the site show a sharp, chamferred (I think) edge and my case is just rounded over. I have included a link to a pic that isn't very good and will try to post some more as I get better. In the meantime any thoughts or telltale ways to id a genuine case would be welcome.

Along with the case the chrono function does not stop or start properly and was wondering if any knows a good watch repair shop in the Tampa Bay area.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE