The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: It appears......CORRECT!!
In Response To: It appears......CORRECT!! ()

: Which surprised me. (and means the bonus game doesn't work.)
: So-according to a Heuer/Enicar expert and via a font of Heuer
: knowledge, Heuer put together V72 movements for Enicar so it is
: feasible these were leftover and put into Heuers, along with a
: bespoke bridge. (no, I don't know why a regular Heuer bridge
: wasn't used!)
: Here they are for comparison-
:
: There is at least 1 Carrera example known with the same movement.
: Any more known?

: Interesting, huh? Steve

Hi Steve,

interesting indeed! Does the Carrera you are mentioning have the same unusual "Heuer Leonidas plus Seventeen Jewels" engraving on the bridge as this Camaro? I have actually never seen the Heuer Leonidas lettering starting in a circle and then turning to a straight baseline (following the available space in the bridge). Which doesn't mean that it isn't correct, of course.

Cheerio, Robert

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE