The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Completely uninspired bordering on cynical

: ^Couldn't agree more. Where are the people at Tag Heuer that
: produced the 160th Carrera? I understand they are sort of
: marketing the TAG products to maybe a different end user bigger,
: bolder, trendier etc. That said, aside from the fabulous
: movement this watch looks like 10 other Carreras on the market
: now. The association with Porsche is massive and I could think
: of a half dozen ways they could have drawn on their motorsports
: relationship/heritage with Porsche. Very disappointed.

Hello All,

this is my first post on the non-CT part of the forum.

I must admit I was disappointed. I was tipped by an LVMH insider already last fall that something BIG was brewing between Porsche and TH, and that it would be released in early '21. As a lover of both brands, I was thrilled!

The blow felt even harder a couple of days ago as this somewhat underwhelming release was announced. My watch-buddies (including my insider at LVMH) and myself have sent cynical IM's back and forth all day after this was launched as we were all considering what looked like a missed opportunity to start such a collaboration between two legends with a bang. The intrawebz have shared such feelings too, it seems.

I must admit however that I do not know how this product was received by the "mainstream" world, as obviously there are at least two very different interest groups in the TH customer-target, and I reckon I am not part of the main one as I anyway don't bring much bottom-line (although I've been on the fence for a 160th since the day it was announced and even was on a waiting list for one for quite a while)...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a bit of an early misfire, and that there is something somewhat more compelling in the works. On the other hand I also feel concerned by the "unequality" of the marriage here, as Porsche certainly doesn't need as much halo from TH as TH needs it from Zuffenhausen. We shall see. Fingers crossed.

All the best,
Paul

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE