The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Semikrograph / Some Ideas
In Response To: Heuer Semikrograph ()

Bruce:

First of all, great to see you posting. You see that this forum has been very quiet, but Google still finds messages posted here, so it retains some value as a resource for the community.

Some ideas

-- Have a look here, for the two Semikrographs that I have owned -- OnTheDash Gallery -- Semikrograph. You will see that one of them is marked "E&M 1232" . . . so that must be a sibling of yours.

-- Konrad Knirim has written two incredible reference books covering military timepieces, one for the British ones (800 pages) and one for the German ones (600 pages). On page 107 of the book covering German military timepieces, Knirim shows a Semikrograph, that seems to have been made by Heuer for the Berlin distributor / supplier, F. L. Lobner. The stopwatch shown is identical to yours and mine, except that across the center of the dial there is the marking "F.L. Lobner Berlin W". On the caseback, there is a German military marking.

I will do some additional research and I will also scan and post the page from Konrad's book showing the Semikrograph with the "Lobner" marking. My hunch is that this E&M marking is more English style than German style, but that is only a guess.

Best,

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Semikrograph
Re: Heuer Semikrograph
Heuer Semikrograph / Some Ideas
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE