The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia Bezel Project Update *LINK* *PIC*

I don't know who has been following my project but I have the 4th revision back and it is by far the best.
I now fully own the artwork and will probably stop here.
The latest set of samples are black printed on white polyester vinyl with a clear laminate. The final parts will be black on metalized (aluminum look)polyester. This is closer to the original.
To the naked eye it is difficult to see any difference but under 10X magnification, the dots from the printer are clearly seen.
It is possible to take it one more step by creating a mask to be photoetched onto VERY thin aluminum. This is not a printing process therefore will look by far the best. I don't plan to take it this far simply because it still is not OEM (plus I am unsure how well the aluminum will take to the slight radius). No tooling charge for the mask but a die needs to be made to cut it out. $100. If somebody wants to go this route, let me know. Piece price will be about the same as the polyester vinyl.
The next step is to order the black on metalized polyester. Please look closely at the pic and tell me if you are interested. The black on white looks amazingly good too. The smallest order is 10pcs and they are asking about $40 ($4 each). I will order 5. Let me know if you are interested.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE