The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Removing the inner ring could destroy

Alex
If you look closely at the Autavia bezel, you'll find it is a machined ring rather than a simple insert. Here in the US, it would be $100s of dollars set up fee then the artwork needs to be photoetched on each piece.
The BIGGEST issued is how these inserts are assembled. They are pressed together (possibly epoxied). I'm a car guy who is used to getting these things like this apart on old transmissions BUT I only have one Autavia bezel and they are made of unobtainium (buzz word for impossible to replace at any cost). There is a very good chance of the outer ring getting destroyed. If I had 5 of them, I would be the first guy jumping in and taking it apart.

If you have a guy who can make these rings but need to place an order for 25, put me down for 2. If you need the artwork, I can shoot it over to you.
dave in dallas

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE