The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Siffert = White, with Blue (Not Orange)

lots of people use the name "Siffert" to describe particular Heuer chronographs. Some say that the only real Siffert is the "Chronomatic"; some extend the term to any of the Reference 1163T Automatics (shown below); some extend to any of the white dialed / blue trim Autavias, automatic or manual.

To this point I can understand the use of the name "Siffert", as these watches have the same design and color scheme as the one that he was known to wear.

To extend the name to any white-dialed / light-dialed Autavia, even with orange trim, seems wrong to me. These Autavias have a very different look, and do not really resemble the original "Sifferts".

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I justbreceived the white dial 11630 with
: orange hands/markers and balck inner circles
: an.

: I have seen this model two times now and asking
: myself why it is not listed in the chrono
: section? In addition: did this model had a
: tachy bezel? or a 5-55 bezel?

: Any help apprechaited.

: Alex

Messages In This Thread

White dial 11630: Jo Siffert too?
Siffert = White, with Blue (Not Orange)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE