The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
On the money
In Response To: on eBay / $830 range ()

I am a little bit of a Hammy Count-Down Guru.

Have my ebay searches programmed, but somehow missed this.

Your value is right on the money. I came across this model in 2000. I even refered Maddox a pic and he picked one up soon after.

I did some research, and there is a fair amount of evidence that this was a runner up moon watch.
NASA lists the Hamilton Watch Company as one of the ones its tested. And Hamilton was very in tune with the go-go space-ism of the lat 60s.
It provided the 2001 A Space Odyssee set with their watch model and had some advertising to that effect.

My take is that Hamilton was trying to compete with the FLightmaster.

Anyway I have seen 8-10 for sale (came under Jaquet Droz brand too):

2000-2005:
-2000: Joseph Watches had 2: $1500
-2000 Used $450
-2001 NOS from Germany $875 (mine)
-2001 Used from Swiss. $500 (mine)-plus 2 nos bands, same as Zenith Square Blue, Heuer, Zodiac))
-2002 $650 from Australia
-2003 $600+ beat version; stuck crowns
-2004 $1500 brokered sale by me of NOS, on behalf of another CA seller to midwest buyer, $100 fee
-Moonwatch $3000; overpriced

I happenedd tw collect other 22m bands, for this one with Hamilton "H" and another with + Zodiac logo.

I would let it grow on you; hands down out of 85 watches....it gets all the compliments.

The buttons were originall "safety red" anadized; crowns were color coordinated with hands, inner world timer bezel, 24hr ring. Your seconds hands i not original but is period correct and nice matching color.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE