The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Saw Some of Them Today
In Response To: Re: Classic Series- advice ()

Stewart:

well, I felt like an idiot today, when I went into a store, looked at the catalog, then realized that all the chronographs that I lissted have the same movement. This probably explains why the prices are also in the same range -- $2500 to $2800.

The Targa Florio and Autavia (in either color) looked great. The store had the black and white Monacos, but none of the blue / whites. I was impressed with the Monacos, but the black and whites looked too flashy, not really much of a classic look about it. So I will try to see the blue / white, then make a decision. I doubt that I will be able to find one of the older ones that you described, except maybe on ebay.

Thanks for the advice, but I will probably shop in a store and not on ebay or the internet.

Norman

The real surprise of the shopping trip -- the new aquagraph looks great. nice design; built really solid; but I'm still more interetsed in the Classics.

: Norman,

: Try and source one of the first series limited
: edition Monacos. They produced a numbered
: series of 5000 (I think around c.1998) when
: the Monaco was first reissued. This is
: probably the only collectable Monaco from
: the re-editions they have released.

: They have a great looking dial and are signed
: "Heuer" not "TAG Heuer".
: I'm wearing mine now......

: Cheers

: Stewart.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE