The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Balance bridge marking
In Response To: Re: SX marking ()

: ------------
: At this momement I pass on this, I have no
: idea.
: I do know your misunderstood me. By the Cock I
: ment the Balance bridge. and it would have
: to be 3 letters like the old WOG on the cock
: is the old house ID for Breitling but made
: 1000s ofr watches for everybody. Zenith used
: ZFX I think. I can not remember the Heuer
: marks. the last info on the Zodiac taxed my
: brian. Can sombody tell us the letters on
: for Heuer. I amost want to say AOC- Romer?

Peter, thank you and: you're right, as a non-native speaker I had problems to understand what you meant. Sorry for not asking immediately. Now I checked the balance bridge/cock of the Zodiac, but sorry, no markings there. The only watch I own, marked at the cock with three letters (HXW) is my old Helbros Chrono with a Venus 170 movement. Anyone told me (years ago..) that HXW means manufactured by Helbein Frères & Co., Geneve. Helbros (Helbein Bros.)was their US-Label. And , I hope remembering correct, these three-letter marking should have been used by the Swiss manufacturers for intercontinental (US)export watches only. And due to former times import regulations of the USA, they had to sent a parts watch to be built together in USA. But I'm not really sure about this. Maybe anyone of the community can help??

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE