The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monza Thoughts
In Response To: Monza question.. ()

Brad:

Welcome back to the world of Heuers and to the Chronocentric / OnTheDash Discussion Forum.

(1) All the previous Monzas were chronographs. Some had continuous seconds and a 30-minute recorder, for a total of five hands; others had a 12-hour recorder and a 30-minute recorder, but no continuous seconds . . . again, bringing the total to five hands. So there was never a three-handed Monza.

(2) I agree, that the Classic series Monzas do look more like the vintage Camaros (cushion-shape). My guess is that the "Monza" name has much more appeal to the audience that TAG-Heuer is currently targeting. People think of Monza as a fast, exciting Grand Prix venue; they think of a Camaro as a Chevrolet pony car that died after a long and painful battle with the Ford Mustang.

Regardless of its historic pedigree (or lack of a pedigree), I think that the time-only Monza (three-handed) has very nice lines. It would be great to see the return of the ultimate three-handed Heuer -- the Master Time -- in wristwatch form.

Thanks again for the message.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi everyone; after being away from TagHeuer for
: awhile (with Omegas), I recently became
: interested in the Classics Line which pays
: homage to the "real" standouts in
: this company's history. I bought a Monza
: (time-only, no chrono). I've noticed that it
: seems this version is a new model, not based
: on a previous watch as the chrono version
: is.
: My questions: 1. Was there ever a three-hand
: Monza?

: 2. Is the current Monza based on the Camaro in
: actuality?

: BTW, love the look of the cushion case; super
: !!

: Thx!
: -Brad in NC

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE