The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Resolutions for 2004 / 2006

I thought that it would be interesting to review the New Year's Resolutions that I posted for 2004, and see how they would look as we approach 2006. Theses resolutions are copied below, word-for-word as they appeared two years ago, with the ones in red remaining undone and on the list for 2006.

so what are your resolutions for 2006? any suggestions about how to proceed with mine?

Happy and Healthy Heuer Hunting to Everyone in 2006!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The list of New Years resolutions for 2004 now includes, in absolutely no rational order:

• work on the Carrera Reference Table, to go back to 1963

• add links / photos to all the Reference Tables

• complete Jo Siffert page

• add at least some minimal coverage of the TAG-Heuer Classics series

• re-balance OnTheDash website to make chronograph content properly balanced with dashboard-mounted content

• add FTP to Discussion Forum, so that readers can post their own photos and have their own albums

• write an article for International Wristwatch, regarding advice for novice / beginning collectors

• add Easy Riders to the chronograph section of OnTheDash, even though most folks hate them

• add a section regarding "Fakes"

• add a section covering the "Rich Man's Heuers" -- Turler, Abercrombie, Beyer, etc. -- and fill out the "Poor Man's section"

• add "Classic Posts" section to the Discussion Forum

• learn more HTML, including how to do tables, or at least learn to use Chuck's favorite HTML editor

• add all the great chronograph photos that OnTheDash readers have sent (and that are now residing on my C drive, but have not yet made it to the OnTheDash server)

• buy some neat chronos and sell some of the "extras"

• make the final decision whether there should be an "e" in "Auto-Rallye" and whether there should be a "hyphen" in "Rally-Master", and vice versa

• watch Le Mans again, carefully

• get over my fear of databases, and even learn how to create them

• get some sleep

Messages In This Thread

Resolutions for 2004 / 2006
Re: Resolutions for 2004 / 2006 *NM*
Re: Resolutions for 2004 / 2006
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE