The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Silver Tachymetre with silver dial on Carerra

OK here is the deal. After doing some research on the internet, I found no other silver dial carreras. I called the retailer (located in FL) called watch studio. I asked him more about the watch and he reassured me that it was authentic and from his Tag rep. Subsequently, I went yesterday to possibly purchase this watch. When I got to the store...it was not there. I saw the same person I talked to for about 30 minutes on my first visit. He stayed behind the desk and was not very helpful at all. This gave me a strange feeling about the watch. My guess is that it could have been made from parts. The other theory could be that it was rare and he wanted to keep it after I made him aware of it. Anyway, he was very strange when I went in the second time. He knew that I was very serious about a new watch. I told him that I would bring my girlfriend make the final decision. She was there the second time and he showed no interest in making a sell! By the way, I was going to take a picture of it at the store for you. Let me know what you find out. This seems interesting and as a more novice collector I want to make a smart purchase when I do.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE