The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Could We be Confusing "White" / "Silver"??
In Response To: Re: White Faced Monaco ()

could there be some confusion about white dials, silver dials and something called "starburst"??

This same confusion occurs in the Autavia world, and just this morning I learned that different executions of the Siffert Autavias (Reference 1163T) actually had different shades of white paint.

H-E-L-P!! There is only so far that you can take this "field guide" / "recognition guide", before it becomes an "idiot's guide".

Just a thought (or two).

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: hi shaun

: as far as i am aware there were no white faced
: Monacos made, only matt blue, metalised
: blue, metalised grey, silver and black
: (though the black is rare as it was only
: used on a few prototype parkerised case
: versions) there is a rumour that there was a
: red dial version though i've never seen one.

: does anyone know more?

: so when you say white, do you mean white or
: light silver?

: do you have a pic you could post?

: thanks

: bruce

Messages In This Thread

White Faced Monaco
Re: White Faced Monaco
Could We be Confusing "White" / "Silver"??
Re: Could We be Confusing "White" / "Silver"??
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE