The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: old (or new) autavia glasses for sale?

Peter,

As far as I know there is no watchmaker left in the Netherlands that offers full vintage-Heuer service.Some can change a crystal, do some servicing but cannot supply the typical Heuer parts ( unless they have some old stock themselves). So, the problem are the parts that TAG-Heuer does not sell separately. If you go to a TAG Heuer dealer, they will eventually send the watch to Switzerland.

I have one coming back this week.They have re-finished the dial and changed the seconds hand. The result is great but it is costly.They are that afraid that parts get in the wrong hands that they even refuse to supply back the parts that they replaced. E.g. I asked to get the old seconds hand back but they refused!I told them that I was entitled to it but they are adamant. What can you do ( by the way how is this in the U.S., does anybody know?)?

What year is the GMT? Do you have a photo? Maybe I can be of assistance in finding the crystal you need.

Ron
the Netherlands

Messages In This Thread

old (or new) autavia glasses for sale?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE