The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Well Priced Timer *LINK* *PIC*

Illustrated is a new toy I received this week for adjusting the accuracy of some of my watches. Those not under a warranty are fair game if the back is readily removable.

This unit is a Microset Timer and sells for $295.00 without the computer interface software. I’m not sure the software adds much for an amateur like myself but it is fun to play around with. The built in LCD display gives all the info I can use and more.
The claimed accuracy of the unit is one second per week or a resolution of one part per million. It runs from a 9v battery or wall adapter so is portable. There are many more features than I have illustrated which are nicely described on the website at

http://www.bmumford.com/mset/modelwatch1.html

or the link below

Reference to the pics

1. Re-issue Carrera on the sensor with MicroSet in time mode where the rate is displayed and continuously updated as an average of 20 beats. For this particular watch the reference rate is 21600.00 beats per hour (BPH).

2. Beat Error Mode - measures the difference between even and odd ticks in tenths of a millisecond.

3. Running average - this example of 100 samples (each sample consisting of 20 beats) for a 1.3 second per day loss. This was on an adjusted 7750 watch and not the Carrera pictured which had a gain of 5.1 seconds per day.

4. A bar graph on the computer showing most values below the reference line of 28800.00 BPH. The variance is normal which makes averaging necessary to get accurate numbers.

5. The same information in line format.

The beauty is in the accurate and rapid way one can manipulate the timing regulation of your watches. No more waiting hours to see if a piece is very much out of time.

David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE