The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Agree / Also Like the Swirly Paper - Background

I agree -- the tables are not complete or absolutely definitive.

the tables are based largely (but not entirely) on the catalogs; there are watches in the catalogs that were never produced; there were watches produced that were never in the catalogs.

The Reference Tables are a tool -- not fully complete, and not definitive on all the different models and versions. I have spent the most time on the Autavia table, and can say that if it is in the Reference Table, then it was produced. I would NOT say that if it was produced, then necessarily in the Reference Table. You have pointed out an example, with this NT version, and soon I will add it to the table.

I hope that this makes sense and is helpful . . . and I do like the swirly blue paper that you used for the background. Here it is in the silver.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Chuck, Hi guys,

: The watch in the link was mine and is already
: sold.
: For me it goes without question that it is
: original (it was sent to Heuer HQ in
: Switzerland too).

: IMO the tables, being of great value in many
: ways, are in no way complete and cannot be
: used as the sole criterion for the
: authenticity of a Heuer. Like shaun says,
: the "feeling" is often a better
: way to determine such things - at least for
: me.

: For your information I include a picture of the
: manual. You will notice that it says 11630
: NT.
: I think N is for Noir (=Black in french) and T
: is for Tachymetre. In any case, although I'm
: not the first owner, I believe that the
: papers are absolutely original and they
: describe a version not included in the
: table.

: Best regards

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE