The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Worrying Email from Ebay Spoofer!!

Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks for all the book suggestions, nice of all of you.

Anyway I just got a 'Member to Member ' email from Ebay as if in answer to a email said;

'Hello
I`m very interested.Please contact me.'

(Now I have been talking to a few sellers about stuff so I was expecting some replies just like this one. Namely for books I was looking for.)

However, as I read the email and didn't recognise the Ebayer I went to click on the Auction link that these emails usually have at the bottom of the page to remind myself.

Well I was not logged in to Ebay so after clicking on the auction link I was taken to the Ebay 'Sign-in' which is the usual process when you click on an Ebay auction link and you are not signed in...

Guess what? It was a fake sign in to get my user ID and password.

Very, very, Very Clever!!

It was almost real but I just checked the browser address at the last second and sure enough it was some weird address somewhere.

Be aware of this scam!!!

Regards

Alistair @ ATG

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE