The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
There's NOS, and There's Everything Else

as I look at this auction, it confirms that there are two basic types of watches, for collectors: there are the NOS watches and there are all the others. true NOS watches seem to be a separate sub-market, and the pricing of a true NOS watch will often be far above the best watches that have been worn, even if they are worn very gently.

still, this is one amazing price. I don't know anything about Astorlive; as always, an auction will be more convincing if we can see the identity of the bidders.

so will this auction "pop" toward the end?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff, Its now at US$8850 with less than a day
: to go. I guess this exceeds most people's
: expectations on this forum although I have
: always been a little sceptical about
: Astorlive auctions. Anyway, at this rate,
: its almost tempting enough for me to let go
: of my Monaco with box and papers that Jorge
: sold to me back in May last year.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE