The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 1970s Heuer Monaco black PVD

Jeff, do you get a selling commission for promoting this sale on the forum? My point being that pointing out this auction to the forum members is nice from an informational standpoint, but it certainly does a total dis-service to those wishing to bid as it it brings in more possible bidding competitors and will ultimately raise the selling price that the buyer has to pay.

I know it is a fine line that is walked with the information that is shared here. My opinion is that it should not be done unless the watch is an obvious fake and alerting the public is for the best. If it is going to be an open discussion, let's have a total auction discussion forum chat area and monitor all watches for sale. It will result in raising( or lowering in some cases) the prices for all Heuer watches in our collections.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE