The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another Clue or Two
In Response To: tell us, Jeff ()

it is another Monaco, Reference 1133 Blue (McQueen) . . . it is NOS. It belongs to one of our OnTheDash participants, who bought it from the original owner a few years ago. I assumed that people would figure this out, based on the red box in the bag and the "$9,100" clue.

the "exact date of purchase" was listed as my final tie-breaker, as I assumed that our very clever readers would get through the first three elements (Monaco; 1133B; NOS) fairly easily.

of course, the exact date of purchase is fairly random, but let's just say that it was somewhat late in the game . . . but not 35 years!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: monaco
: 1133b
: nos
: 02/22/06

: would peanuts, roasted and salted be possible
: as well?

: but I guess this question must be a trap as I
: know the buyer of the watch and his name is
: not
: Jeff...or am I misunderstanding something?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE