The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Is this Heuer a fake? *PIC*

I'd appreciate a little expert advice here. I recently bought a Heuer listed on Ebay. The seller insists that it is genuine, and he has owned it since new. I have my reservations.

The first thing I noticed was that the back inner casing is marked "Itika Watch". Now I know very little about Heuer, but that doesn't sound right. The dial looks fine, but the movement doesn't look right to me - it's a Calibre 7734 movement.

The seller says it's genuine, and has been serviced by Heuer, and we both acknowledge that the strap isn't Heuer, but what about the watch itself?

I've supplied the following pics, scaled down a little (300x400) as I do not want to bombard people with huge pics. It would sincerely be appreciated if anyone can help and advise.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE