The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Me Thinks "Fake"
In Response To: Re: Tag Heuer Fake? *PIC* ()

I'm not the expert on these TAGs (real or fake), but this one looks fake to me. quality of the dial; inscription on the back; etc. all look questionable.

does the inscription on the back suggest that this one was presented to Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi, famous Japanese goalkeeper (about which more below)? you would have ot wonder how it travelled from his hands to yours?

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi has earned a reputation as an athletic shot-stopper who rises to the big occasion. Always looking to start counterattacks with his keen distribution from the back, his efforts at the 1996 Olympics helped Japan to a shock 1-0 win over Brazil. He played in all three games as Japan made a winless FIFA World Cup debut in 1998 and all six as Japan won the 2004 Asian Cup in China. He had a short and unhappy spell with English side Portsmouth - as a result of which he lost his place in goal for the 2002 FIFA World Cup - before returning to Japan with Jubilo Iwata.

Messages In This Thread

Tag Heuer Fake? *PIC*
Re: Tag Heuer Fake? *PIC*
Me Thinks "Fake"
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE