The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Add my 2 cents worth *LINK* *PIC*
In Response To: My Favorite, at Least Lately ()

I like the PMHs too and have only one caveat. A lot of the two register and a few of the three register examples have chrome plated cases which frequently show wear through brassing. It is hard to see in pictures unless it is at an advanced state. Many sellers will state the watch case is stainless steel based on erroneous interpretation of the printed info on the case back. If it states stainless or all stainless you are ok. However if stainless back or base metal bezel is stated then it is very likely plated. You can buy kits to touch up worn through areas that work fairly well (link).

The Hamilton is SS and the Clebar is brass plated that has been touched up slightly.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE