The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: All very nice alternatives to me. *LINK*

: When you say PMH, what are the price ranges of
: Zodiacs? Where do you find nice watches like
: these? Online or do you have a source? Thank
: you for sharing.

------------------------------------------

Carl,

I have found these kinds of watches both on eBay and from online vintage dealers. Many dealers have a grace period during which you can resolve problems while eBay sales are usually final. Be careful on eBay as true bargains are getting harder to find so have an idea what a watch is truly worth before bidding.

You gain the knowledge by starting at the bottom and working up like just about any worthwhile pursuit. I like to follow examples on eBay by watching what the piece will sell for even though I have no intention of bidding. I also scan the dealers periodically and get an idea about the prices they are asking. After a while you get a constantly improving idea of what something might be worth.

Go to the link below and click on vintage under the dealers category. Then start surfing and learning.

David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE