The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
awful dial + "wrong" hands = No Thanks

I saw this one listed for sale on a website (with a price in the $3500 range -- ??), and at that price it was an easy "no thanks".

the "real" / pure Chronomatic Monaco is shown below. These have "Chronomatic" on the dial, and also have the square (ugly) hands. I imagine that the hands on the one that you show have been replaced. The original square hands would likely be impossible to find, so the full restoration would also be impossible.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I was offered this Monaco Chronomatic last year
: and have always wondered if I should have
: bought it but I felt the seller wanted too
: high a price

: How would you value this watch with a dial like
: this assuming the movement was good - as I
: would assume an NOS Chronomatic dial would
: be impossible to find

: As a general question if you found a watch like
: this would you restore it or leave as is

: thanks for your help

Messages In This Thread

monaco chronomatic with poor dial *PIC*
awful dial + "wrong" hands = No Thanks
Re: awful dial + "wrong" hands = No Thanks
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE