The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some thoughts...

bad experience Authorized TAG Heuer Dealer Posted By: victor Date: 3/8/06 09:07 GMT

Hello everyone,

just wanted to share a bad experience with you guys, just to see if other people have the same experience.

OK...

Last year my Carrera 1153S dropped on the floor and one of the pushers broke. So i went to the One Authorized TAG Heuer dealer near my town. It took more then six months to find the right parts(so they say) so i went to the store yesterday to pick it up. Guess what? They replaced both pushers, including the one original for two pushers of a carrera from the 90's.Two different pushers and both different in size.

That doesn't sound right at all. Why would the pushers be different sizes? That's really screwy.

The seller told me this where the right pushers!

Seller? or Dealer?

I thought i went mad, and almost killed the guy. i have never saw anything so ugly!

You haven't seen the Pryngeps Jamica World... Woof! But ok...

Now they going to send it back to the craftsmen of Heuer.

Where are they sending it to? LVMH/Pro-Time in New Jersey?
LVMH Watch & Jewelry USA
After-Sales Service Division
966 S. Springfield Avenue
Springfield, NJ 07081
Phone / Toll-Free (866) 260-0460
Phone (973) 912-5252
Fax (973) 467-5495

They are the only authorized service center in the US, at least that I am aware of.

I have send them the one website to see which pushers should be on my carrera.

Which website is this may I ask? ... Would you post a link please?

Im very very dissapointed by this.

Understandably...

anyone ever had the same experience?

I haven't. Although I did have a Heuer Pilot's model which was serviced directly by LVMH/Pro-Time a couple of years back arrive with a shattered mineral crystal due to non-adequate packing/shipping materials. But they were embarassed about the incident and quickly reesolved the issue (within a week to ten days)...

it seems like they dont have a clue what they are doing?

Frankly, few dealers do. Realize that most dealers, even authorized dealers seek employees who show up reliably and dependably on time at the lowest possible wage/commission to keep costs down and profits up. I've seen my closest Omega/TAG/Rolex/Longines authorized dealer fire their two most knowledgeable/helpful/best salesmen because they wouldn't cancel their pre-paid vacations for some manager's whim to hold a meeting at a certain time/day.

You find a good/excellent Authorized Dealer take care of them. They are very uncommon.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE