The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Four Heuers of the Apocalypse *LINK*

I'm also kind of new to this whole discussion thing and have been reading along about the FrankenHeuers. There's one on ebay now that seems to have come from four other Heuers. I don't know how to do the photo thing, so have a look at the link to the auction and count with me.
1. dial is late version of autavia (shown as 1985 model in the big table)
2. hands are brushed, like from the viceroys (very early?)
3. case is olive drab, but bracelet is black
4. case-back is from early autavia? definitely not the very late (1985) fat ones.
so this one is from at least three donors, maybe four. A look at the movement might raise the total higher.
Do I win some M&Ms for this clever detective work? Is this put-together an improvement or a huge screaming mess?

Norman Plummer

Messages In This Thread

Four Heuers of the Apocalypse *LINK*
No M&Ms for Norman
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE