The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sample E-Mails from a CROOK
In Response To: Re: Two FRAUD warnings today ()

for your entertainment and education, below are three e-mail messages from a CROOK to one of our readers (let's call him a "target")

fortunately, our target avoided the scam.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First E-Mail from the CROOK

Dear Sir,

Please excuse me for contacting you. I noticed that you are interested to buy this item: HEUER Calculator [identifying information REDACTED]). If you are really interested in buying this model i want to know that i have a similar model available for sell.The product it is brand new in box with warranty covered by the manufacture.It commes with full accesories.Because i have this product in my posesion i can shipp it using UPS imediatly. The price i am willing to sell it
    for is :700 euro. The reason i sell it is because i need money fast and i don`t have to mutch time to post the product in the auction. If you are interested in buying my product please contact me and i will provide you a very safe and fast way to pay.If you will check my ebay feedback you will see that i`m very serios seller on ebay comunity and we can close the deal in best condition, please e-mail me here : [REDACTED]

RESPONSE from the CROOK when the target asked for photographs of the actual watch being offered

dear sir i have a bad internet conection and if i will try to download pictures the internet will be down.
    you must understand me that the watch is similar like on the auction that you biding on!
    all my best

the CROOK's last ditch effort to get the target to use FRAUDULENT ESCROW SERVICE

if you dont have trust in me we can use for close this deal www.goods-trade.com !
    please take a look!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE