The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: PM Autavia movement *PIC*
In Response To: Re: PM Autavia movement *LINK* ()

Alberto,

Pardon me for being caliber confused. Whenever I see a movement I do not recognize readily I go to the Bible of movements in the back of the Gerd-R Lang book and see if I can make a match.

The picture should explain my confusion and my failure to note the stem opposite the pushers on your watch. Of course it is the same as the OTD reference watch which could confirm your suspicion of a close relationship.

Compared to most pics of the cal 11,12,13,14 etc movements there still appears to be some parts missing probably to do with the hour register.

I had not regognized this previously but the valjoux 7740 looks like a cal 11,12,13,14 etc with the stem moved to the pusher side.

I am not surprised as the valjoux 7730 came fron the venus 188.

My apologies for any confusion I may have generated.

David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE