The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Not an Expert or even “Expert”, my observations:

Jeff, I assume your analysis is based on a stainless steel case. How much premium do you add for a gold case? Discount for gold plated? Thanks, Michael

Let Me Turn that One Over to an Expert?? YES -- I am writing about the stainless Carreras. In terms of the gold Carreras, any "experts" want to take a crack at this one?? I have never paid much attention to the gold guys. Jeff

Not an Expert, perhaps “Expert” is more fitting, I prefer Chronograph student or padowan myself...

It's been my experience that most of the time the added value of the Gold in the case of aa Gold watch is typically offset by the fact there is much lower demand for Gold cased watches in general. I would put a +/- .1 in most instances to the value of a Carrera in Gold to reflect this variability, the one exception being the Gold Carrera Re-Edition, which I've never seen go for less than $1,800 a long ways back and they typically go in the $2,200-$2,300 range.

But that's just my observations in my travels...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE