The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
let down again.....the 1133b saga

Some of you may remember that I had all of my Heuers stolen in a burglary in the UK in October last year. Since then I have been trying to purchase a decent Monaco 1133b for a fair price. In the last month I have agreed deals with three different sellers only to be let down by the seller. On the first occasion the seller agreed the price with me and sent me his details for payment but minutes before I went to the bank he sent me an email saying he had sold it to someone else who had offered a higher price (even though we had agreed a deal) on the second occasion the seller agreed a price only to email me when I thought everything was agreed to say he was putting it on ebay as he had got greedy - his words (the price he got on ebay was lower than I offered) and today it got worse I agreed a price and deal with the seller sent an immediate deposit by paypal and sent a wire transfer (at a cost of $50) for the balance. When I returned from the bank I had an email from the seller saying he had an offer of 500 euros more and was selling it to the other person - I now have to wait for my money to come back and will lose on exchage rates and bank fees ($100+). I don't think this is fair way to conduct business has anyone else experienced this. People seem to be desperate for monacos at the moment and a lot of gazumping is happening - I wonder if it has anything to do with $9000 nos monaco on ebay. The search goes on.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE