The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sorry to Hear This Report / What Update?

:Gents......for what its worth, last year i sold 5 Monaco 1133b's. 3 of these i would have considered to be in excellent condition after alittle tinkering from myself. They all sold for close to 4000 GBP's without too much hassle, these all had boxes and papers, and decent unmarked dial,hands,crystals and good cases, and all were on straps not bracelets.
The 4th was on a bracelet,{the early type} has some minor bleed through in one corner of the dial{hardly noticeable} and the hands had to be relumed,and the date and hour wheels were replaced{thanks Jasper for the parts}, the case was slightly marked but nothing too serious.....this sold for 3000GBP's without box and papers.
The 5th sold to a chap in Canada and went missing in the post !,{very ugly situation.....never send anything under insured, even if your asked to by the buyer}......but sold for 3400 and was again in good condition with box and blank papers.{thanks Stewart Kay}and on a strap.

Monaco 1133b are just becoming more collectable in my opinion, they are becoming rarer in good condition and there profile has been made greater due to the Retro styling of current fashion climate.
As you know we can now buy,retro Le Mans jackets and Heuer patches etc and this only leads people down a road which ultimately make them discover other products of the age.
I went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed last year, just after buying one of the above Monaco's from our Australian friend Stewart Kay, who's recent Cayman Islands story made us all jealous..... The Monaco i bought from Stewart was in great condition, and whilst only one of thousands of visitors to the festival, it wasn't only my Ducati motorbike the crowds came to see and photograph,people were coming up and asking " are you the bloke with the Steve Mcqueen watch ?".......my point is that as the public's awareness heightens to these products due to either styling fad's or internet exposure, it unfortunatley means that the people with real money can afford to raise the bar on the prices they get sold for, if they really want one, because it the in thing, rather than because they are a collector.
Dathan i do feel for you, and i wish you had bought on of mine last year, but as i remember you were still waiting for your insurance to pay out, i believe i offered you one of the better ones for 3500GBP's, and i would have rather it stayed in the OTD family, but the price i got for it was better for me after you declined the offer because of your pending insurance payout.
I hope you get something sorted soon, and will keep an eye out for you.

Kind Regards
Bryan
Thanks Jeff for the reply

: What I have noticed is that the 'good guy'
: dealers in the UK (the ones who sell good
: watches at realistic prices) are selling
: less and less heuers especially Monacos
: mainly because they cannot buy them at
: decent prices and there is no profit in them
: for them. I have heard of average manual
: Monacos asking over $4000. The 1133b I have
: been looking at have ranged between $3100 -
: $4000+ but I'm not sure if they would be in
: the excellent/mint condition (new crystal
: required, some wear in case and one hasd a
: slightly deteriorated dial) as I have only
: seen photos, I have been trying to pay what
: I think these watches are worth which is
: close to the reference guide but its getting
: difficult to find decent 1133bs under $4000
: in my experience

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE