The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
WARNING -- The Ultimate Non-Heuer ? ? ?
In Response To: No.2 Non Heuer post *PIC* ()

OK, Mike and David, the timing is perfect, so I'll play along.

This past Friday, I received what some might think of as the ultimate non-Heuer . . . the archrival . . . the feared competition . . . the Mustang to the Corvette fan . . . Ali to Frazier . . . my very first Speedmaster (a 1969 model with 861 movement).

I will write more about the initial reactions when I have more time. The quick summary is that I believe that I will be happy to own this one, but I don't believe that I will feel compelled to own another dozen of these. If only it had a rotating bezel marked with Minutes / Hours, things might be different, but I am expecting that I will continue to prefer the Autavias.

Thanks to David for finding this one; thanks to Chuck for the years of urging me to take the Speedmaster plunge.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Mike,
: No dizzyness here. That is a real beauty. I
: love the panoramic see through back. Is the
: retrograde register for the chrono? If so it
: must be fascinating to watch. If not, then
: perhaps you could explain what the different
: registers do. Thanks for sharing.

: Since we are in non Heuer mode here is a shot
: of another watch one does not see often.

: David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE