The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: possible help.
In Response To: possible help. *PIC* ()

Alistair - thanks for the useful information. Good to understand that feature better.

I think the service _is_ a short-term reality too. The fact that I can only move the hands backward is the kicker. I believe the crown might be a replacement as well. When you turn it the natural (clockwise) direction, it unscrews completely.

Cheers!
John

PS
Beautiful photo! I really like the black strap with red stitching. Maybe I'll consider that if I take off the metal bracelet.

: Micro rotors have an old fashioned 'quick-set'
: date. Wind the hands round to midnight. Not
: noon. The date will click over then wind the
: hour hand back past 9pm then forward again
: past 12 o'clock.

: the date should kick over.

: this is how you set the date - one day at a
: time winding through from 9 (i think it is
: 9.30 or 10 actually - anyway you will feeel
: it) to 12.

: This may cure your hands issue although I doubt
: it, a good service is on the cards I
: beleive.

: Regards

: Alistair

Messages In This Thread

New Vintage Monza Owner
possible help. *PIC*
Re: possible help.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE