The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re:Scott see your email Monte Carlo dash

: OK just look around the dash and found the dash
: mounted Monte Carlo same thing would apply
: sounds like the return to zero lever is not
: going all the way home can't see how you can
: test this in the case but is an easy fix. as
: you should not have to remove the dial but
: you will have to have the movement out to do
: this

: Richard-
----------------------------------
------------------------------------------

I think there is a mix up here.
It is not 7750.

This is a problem with these.
The dail most likely has to come off as the star wheel is under there. There is a little serclip that holds it tight. ( Star wheel is your hour wheel.

+++++ I would recomend you run it all night and let the hour wheel turn. It may work again. Never force the reset button if its close to clicking over to the next hour # Let it run out. and try again. Its old and not a very high grade movement.

Also click it soundly to reset to 0.
I sent you some photos of the dial and others if its a 3 button.
I really do not work on them from the internet.
if you search me on the this BB you will see I have done some for others here. But I only deal with folks in person. I live in Calif. I sent my #. I do this to keep them serviced correctly, out of a crazy desire to keep them going. As I do not work full time at the store anymore.
If you live close by me. I would be happy to check it out. But if it has not been serviced . "It should be". If you are on the east coast I think there are some guys here who can set you up. As I see thay have tip top stuff!!
If there star wheel trouble, The parts are very hard to get. almost impossible But can be made. I have seen the lever for the hour star wheel broken. I have mede them. But its not pretty. But it is not a pretty movement anyway.

About the cowboy statement. Hummmm...... We dont know if he was just fixing one thing the button or did he do a hole service. He could be a Hack! God knows there 1000s of them in the US alone.
I just have to say that it took Americans to make the best watches in the world the Swiss tried for a long time to beet the USA and thay have. But it was after WW 2 when the USA started farming out watch work.
Good luck and I hope to hear that you let it run and the wheel now works OK. But get it serviced.
PS

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE