The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
First venture into the 'other' brand

(Well- Jeff did it, too.)

The pre-owned Omega Speedmaster Triple-Date landed at my doorstep this morning - my first non-Heuer high-end chrono.

Of course, I immediately had to try it on - fits nice on the wrist, but the bracelet needed a link removed to be right. After removing one link, it's perfect.

The arabic numbers on the dial are very visible, as are the timekeeping hands. No doubt what time it is, even for old eyes! And I real like the touch of blue in the 24hour indicator dial. for some reason, I'm a sucker for that color. (Siffert Autavia hands - is that next?)

The links below are the first two casual snaps while it's still on the bench. It's hard to get the grey dial to stand out from the black subdials without getting reflections. I'll have to work on that.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE