The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Six to one, half dozen to another...
In Response To: keep the chronograph running? ()

: Hello,

: this question probably is asked before,

It probably has...

: but i
: never saw it posted here.

Would take too much effort to look.

: Whats is better for your heuer? to keep the
: chronograph running while you wear it? or to
: just put it to reset and not running? i have
: a 1969 Calibre 11 Carrera

Six to one, half-dozen to the other. Running it all the time will cause more wear to the chronograph mechanism, while never running it will not allow the oils to be distributed... Those are the down sides.

It really doesn't make much difference which extreme you do. I typically leave my Chronograph reset and ready for action, but I use it a half a dozen times a day when I'm wearing it, so it gets some exercise. Which is a moderate course inbetween the extremes above.

: thx!

: victor

-- Chuck

Messages In This Thread

keep the chronograph running?
Six to one, half dozen to another...
Re: Six to one, half dozen to another...
Re 2 cents.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE