The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco/ McQueen again!

Hi there! This snippet may be old news to some of you guys but I thought I'd post it anyway. It comes from an article on the Heuer Monaco in last Saturday's (London) Financial Times in which the journalist, Peter Howarth, recalls a chance meeting with Jack Heuer at the time of the TAG re-launch of the watch.
Jack Heuer says "It's a funny story,the Monaco.You see Steve was not really supposed to wear it.He based his character in the film 'Le Mans' on Swiss racing legend Joe Sieffert,who taught him how to drive a racing Porsche. McQueen used Joe for inspiration, right down to the overalls he wore,which happened to feature a Heuer patch. Joe also wore one of the watches I had designed, the Autavia. But on the day of shooting I went down to the set with a big selection of watches and Steve chose the Monaco instead of the Autavia.The Monaco has what I call a 'rebel' watch case - very unusual.Steve didn't know the brand , and obviously didn't have any Idea of what he was about to start."
Apologies once again if this is a well worn tale! I'd also just like to take this opportunity to congratulate all concerned in the establishment and running of "On the dash" - a superb resource and website. Cheers!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE