The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Mystery Heuer LCD - an update
In Response To: Mystery Heuer LCD ()

I have just bought a Heuer Chrono LCD (see my 10/05/03 posting - Is this the worst Heuer ever?).

This is illustrated in the 1979 Heuer catalogue as model 980.010

There are some similarities with my 'mystery lcd' as follows.

1. Model numbers are very close.

2. Again Heuer logo only on LCD display surround and not on module or bracelet or clasp.

3. Modules on both are Swiss made and look to be from the same manufacturer.

4. Both watches are marked 'Swiss made' - I guess because the case strap and modules were all produced in Switzerland.

The Kentucky and Manhattan both have Swiss cases and straps but the modules are not Swiss which is why they are marked 'Assembled in Switzerland'

The Manhattan analogue module was produced by Citizen who may well have made the LCD modules.

A couple of questions.

1. Can anyone add to this ?

2. Did Heuer produce watches (with the Heuer name) that were not illustrated in their catalogues.

Messages In This Thread

Mystery Heuer LCD
Re: Mystery Heuer LCD - an update
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE