The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Expanding on some possibilites...
In Response To: Re: Carrera Re-Edition ?? ()

Re: Carrera Re-Edition ??

Posted By: Abel

Date: 7/13/06 11:59 GMT

In Response To: Re: Carrera Re-Edition ?? (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

Now that I've done some research work and have been asking around I must agree with you concerning the subdials, date and crown position. However I'm very much certain this is absolutely not a fake Tag Heuer.

However, if TAG-Heuer does not make such a model currently, and hasn't made such a model in the past... What are we left with?

The main possibility I can think of is perhaps you are looking at an OLD Vintage (Pre-TAG) Heuer Chronograph. Perhaps something based off of a Valjoux 7733 or 7734 which would have a configuration close to your description, like the Camaro and Autavia shown at the bottom of this catalog page:

Or:

73453 S Carrera pictured Third from Left top row.

Or:

73473 S (although it's not labeled a Carrera in that picture) Second from left, top row. Or the Camero 73443 T Camero Third from Left bottom row.

Since this shop is one of the most prestigious jeweller-shops you can find in our humble little Belgium.

There are three potential scenarios I can think of... (well four, no five, no Six!):
  1. It's a real TAG-Heuer of some stripe... Either we've missed a model, or it's a new one.
  2. It's a Fake TAG-Heuer of some stripe...
  3. It's a Real vintage (Pre-TAG) Heuer of some stripe.
  4. It's a Fake Heuer of some stripe...
  5. It's a Franken watch of unknown origin with some sort of combo of real /"found" parts.
  6. Some combination of the above...
  7. Or something I haven't thought of above.

Geez! That's 7 things!

It's also an official seller of Tag, IWC, Patek Philippe, Bvlgari, Rolex....

It wouldn't be the first time that an authorized dealer was tricked and has a fake on display.

Normally I'm on a short holiday (again) at the end of this month and hope that I can take some pictures of it at that moment.

Us too!

To be continued....and thanks again...

You're welcome. We look forward to further reports!

-- Chuck

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE