The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Looking for a Bezel Insert for a Vintage Autavia

Hi,
Hoping that someone can help me out. I recently added a vintage Heuer Autavia to my chronograph collection. I have been trying to get my hands on a vintage Heuer chrono since regretfully passing up an original Monaco for $400 about 6 years ago in Brazil (a decision which still causes bad nightmares for me today). Anyways, the Autavia cleaned up nicely but the bezel insert is rough and needs replacing. I have been searching on the web for the past few days looking for a replacement, and haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know of a source for a replacement bezel insert? The only numerical marking on the watch is 95628 between the lower lugs.
I would appreciate any help anyone can supply. I honestly don't mind if there is an aftermarket alternative or if there is some similar looking Seiko insert that would fit. Rough estimate of the existing insert is 37 mm OD and 32.5 mm ID.
Thanks,
Allen

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE