The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Modem melter! (YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!)

as you kow grand prix was released....

Posted By: jhb

Date: 7/14/06 17:34 GMT

on dvd. so i got my copy yesterday after being signed up for months in advance to get it...

Eh, I just picked it up at Brest Buy...

anyways, finished watching it last night, and besides it being absolutely fantastic...

Eh, I think it should have been named "A soap opera of a group of people some of which also drive Grand Prix cars". If Le Man's erred on the side of too little plot, Grand Prix erred on the side of WAY WAY WAY too much plot.

there is dozens of watches mostly chronos all over wrists in that film.

In my initial scan I didn't see a huge number. More hand and clipboard timers...

i was too involved with the film, as i'm a film buff or sorts, to pause and try to catch screen shots,

I had it on while I tried to pare down the onslaught of email and schtuff to do.

to identify. it was frustrating as well as there is lots of wrist closeups but of the wrong no watch wearing wrists.

Yup, I'd agree on that...

next go around i'm planing on isolating scenes to verify at least one heuer as there has to be one on someones wrist in that film?

That isn't a question, is it?

if anyone else who has better technology than me was planning on doing that...

I don't know... Here are a few of the one's I did of the second disk:

Imagine my shock to see a Restrictor Plate in the Ferrari Pit!

i'd love to see your screen pics captured

Well, that's about the best I can do...

Unfortunatly an accidental keystroke combination killed the other 18 captures I had done of disk two. I've rectified that keystroke shortcut so it won't happen again though.

I'd be happy to bow to anyone who can do better than my "entry-level" Mac Mini (circa $800)...

and chronos identified.

Hey, if any of you guys have any ideas, I'm all ears.

thanks in advance!

Let's see your captures so we can judge who's going to get to bear the burden this time around...

have a good weekend everyone!:)

j.h.

You too!

-- Chuck

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE