The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Yes, that's a pretty OK watch!
In Response To: Is this an OK watch? ()

Is this an OK watch?

Posted By:
mac.MyTAGHeuer.com

Date: 7/19/06 06:33 GMT

Hello Mac! Welcome aboard!

Yeah, it's a pretty OK watch.

Arguably the best movement TAG-Heuer ever offered, heck, it's probably as good or better of a movement than Heuer ever offered back in the day. well executed case, dial, exceedingly well presented display case back,

I just wanted to show off my brand new CT511B.BA0564 Silver Link Calibre 36 Chronometer Chronograph!

Very understandable. It's a great looking watch.

It was a gift from TAG Heuer.

¿Where's the queue for that action? Seriously, I've seen the 2005 TAG-Heuer website design contest and contestants and I think it's a great initiative for TAG-Heuer and a boon for folks who are interested in learning about the brand.

It is quite a change from even four years ago when there was next to zero content on either Heuer or TAG-Heuer on the web when Matthias Liebe-Kleymann and I started colaborating on our article on the history of the Heuer Carrera.

Heuer Carrera Chronographs: A Brief Overview: Then, Now and the Future:

Which lead Jeff Stein to contact me, and well, OTD is the result.

Does anyone have any specific questions about this particular watch?

Sure... What are it's overall dimensions: Height, Length, thickness, weight...

Do you know if TAG-Heuer will ever come out with a version which has conventional lugs so people can swap on straps of their choice?

Another question I have about which isn't particularly about this watch, is if TAG-Heuer plans on coming out with a model of the Carrera (preferably as close to the original Carrera 12) but with a Zenith base movement of some stripe.

Enjoy the pictures!

I have!

Jeff, we probably need to add Mac's website and the other contest winners to our links page. Mac, it'd be nice if you would add OnTheDash (the website, not the forum) to your links page for folks looking for more detailed information on Pre-TAG-Heuers...

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you visit often!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Watch Article index:
http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page:
http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog:
http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE