The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This Gets Confusing - - - *LINK*

Shaun:

Thanks for the question.

This all gets very confusing. The cases for the 111.603 (olive), 112.603 (Grey), 113.603 (black) and 114.603 (gold) are all marked 11063 between the lugs. In other words, they took the steel cases (11063) and coated them in colors to create the 111.603, 112.603, 113.603 and 114.603 versions. So all these cases are marked 11063 between the lugs; the case-backs are marked for the appropriate "colorized" / coated versions.

The only strange thing about yours is that it is black / black on the dial / registers. Our table shows that the 11063V should have black / white, with the "V" showing that it is a continuation of the "Viceroy" model (black / white). Your version may be missing from the Autavia table.

Can you confirm that yours is 21mm between the lugs, with unidirectional bezel? Are there any markings on the back of the case?

I will say that this is one of my favorite dial / hand combinations . . . excellent legibility.

I am attaching a link to your ebay auction, so that readers can see what we are discussing, with the usual confirmation that I have no financial interest in the transaction and do not intend to bid.

Thanks again for the interesting message.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: You may have gone some way to answering a
: mystery of mine. I bought an Autavia a while
: ago in Poland which has the exact same face
: and hand layout as the ones in your pic, the
: case ref is 11063V, which the MOAT says
: should be a black case, but its stainless.
: There is no sign of polishing and the
: pushers/crown are stainless with light wear,
: the movement is Cal 12 so it looks original.

: Do you think this could be a military issue but
: in stainless. I am selling it on ebay
: because I have just bought another mint
: Autavia, so I have not included a link
: because I did not want to try and self
: promote but if anyone is interested in
: seeing it I will post photos.

: If it is true military then I might keep it
: after all !?

: Shaun

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE