The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Problem: Vintage watches are not renewables

I think this is the main problem....you can get them, but they are not mass products, I think a cycle time of 6-12 months is the best to make profit. Sure 3-4 years is not realistic. On the other hands I als have watches which i sell after many years to the one and only single guy who stood up in the moring with the wish to buy it.

What I have learned with real and also virtual bsuiness is to be liquid all the time...never to short on money to go ahead of purshasing instead of worrying about having to much invested.

So its about taking risks...and our homepage friend is defenitely into this :-) Think about the money he could amke from all the dead stock he has...let us supoose 10%/year in good stocks...over 4 years...is a LOT of dead stock.

Alex

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE