The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I remember a set of 5 but not Aquaracer based...
In Response To: Legendary Grand Prix ()

: Has anyone heard of this set? 5 Aquaracer-based
: watches commemorating 5 different F1
: racetracks. I saw a set and had never heard
: of it and wanted to know if it's legit,
: rare, or what?! This one is #130/300.

I remember a set of 5 but this was several years ago, before the Aquaracer was introduced. There were five Chronographs in a limited edition (Can't remember the number of set's released, could be as small as 150 or as large as 500, or I could be really off). Basically the same chronograph case with different dial combinations and a steel back with a F1 Circuit diagram for the track being commemorated. That is if I remember correctly, although, I suppose TAG-Heuer could have had a variety of Quartz, ETA-DD, and 7750 movements, now that I think about it.

I think, one of the tracks was "Hockinheim", but I can't remember the others.

I saw a set auctioned on eBay once and as it was for the complete set of FIVE, the bidding started somewhere around $2,500-3,000 and I wasn't in the market to spend that much money on a set like that.

Sorry I can't help more. Have you considered contacting TAG-Heuer for more information?

-- Chuck

Messages In This Thread

Legendary Grand Prix
Re: Legendary Grand Prix
More info *PIC*
Re: More info
I remember a set of 5 but not Aquaracer based...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE