The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
All Jaramas = Cal 12
In Response To: Jarama Database Question ()

Mike:

Sorry for this bit of confusion, likely caused by the "convention" used in the MOAT for indicating the movements.

Because the Cal 12 was a continuation of the Cal 11, and because the model reference numbers continued to use the "11" prefix (for example, even the latest Autavias, from the 1980's, have the reference numbers beginning with "11", as do the Monzas, Jaramas, Veronas, etc.), the MOAT refers to both the Cal 11 and the Cal 12 movements as "11" in the "movement" column.

Sorry for this confusion, but that is the convention that we used in creating the MOAT. The Autavia Reference Table, that appears on the "Autavia Chronograph -- Main Page", uses a different approach and attempts to indicate the actual movements used -- whether Cal 11 or Cal 12. For some early models, the two movements in fact "overlapped".

I hope that this clarifies things.

Jeff
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi All
: I have a Jarama case ref. 110.225 with a
: champagne dial and I believe the piece to be
: all original but...the MOAT lists all
: Jaramas as Cal. 11 and mine has a cal. 12?

: The subdial at 9:00 is a 12 hour counter
: exactly like my 1163V Autavia with cal. 12
: movement.

: Any thoughts?
: Thanks
: Mike

Messages In This Thread

Jarama Database Question
All Jaramas = Cal 12
Re: All Jaramas = Cal 12
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE