The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Scan Day: Karma / Spirit / Ghost / Magic Watch

This is becoming eerie if not creepy!!! I just returned from a two week vacation with my family and yesterday I took my watches out from the safety vault at my office to bring them home.

I decided to wear my IWC Aquatimer on my way home and once there I will correct the time and date.

To my surprise by the time I tried to put my watch on time against the clock on (http://www.time.gov)

I was shock to find out that my watch was only running 1 second ahead.

That watch was stored on it's box for more than 1 month and it started running again just with the motion of my arm. I didn't wind it.

The only thing I need to correct was the date...

SPOOKY !!!

:
: so in honor of Chuck (and Mary), this morning I
: decided that I would wear the three-register
: manual-wind "Siffert" /
: "Legried" (shown below). So I went
: to the watch storage box, at exactly 7:08
: a.m., and there it sat, with the hands on
: 7:08. you may think that this is not so
: unusual, but considering that the watch had
: not been worn in three or four weeks, I
: would say that the chances were approx.
: 1-in-720.

: anyone else want to share a photo or a story of
: a watch that has special karma a ghost a
: spirit some magical powers unique
: personality
: Jeff

:

Messages In This Thread

Scan Day: Karma / Spirit / Ghost / Magic Watch
Re: Scan Day: Karma / Spirit / Ghost / Magic Watch
No Need for Winders
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE